Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How do I write an equation for slope and y-inter.?

So I have a slope of -1 and a y-inter of -3. But how do I turn that into an equation? I need to know before tomorrow. Somebody please help!!!!!How do I write an equation for slope and y-inter.?this is the slope and y intercept formula y=mx+b

m=theslope

b=the yintercept



so it would be....y=-1x+-3How do I write an equation for slope and y-inter.?mx+b= y , i think that's the formula? im just trying to remember it and i think its that. m = the slope . x = well x , b = y intersect, y= yHow do I write an equation for slope and y-inter.?The standard equation of a line is y=mX + B

Where m=slope and B=y-intercept



Knowing that, your equation must be



y= -1x + -3

OR

y= -x -3



In the second one, the equation is more simplified as in I dropped the 1 for the slope and the addition sign between the y intercept. Both equations are correct though.

No comments:

Post a Comment