Thursday, February 23, 2012

How do I find the lower, inter and upper quartile of a set of numbers?

Hi



I do I find the lower, inter and upper quartile of the following set of numbers



1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10



CheersHow do I find the lower, inter and upper quartile of a set of numbers?well you have 7 numbers, so to divide into quartiles you first divide into halves



7 will be the cut off because there are three numbers greater than 7 and three numbers less than 7.. within each of these set of three numbers you will have a middle number that has 1 number on either side



the lower quartile limit will be 2 and the upper quartile limit will be 9

I don't quite remember whether you include the limits when you are stating the quartiles (i.e. I don't know if you would say the lower quartile is 1, interquartile is 4 to 8 and upper quartile is 10 or if you would say lower quartile is less than 2, inter quartile is 2 to 9 and upper quartile is greater than 9) but I do know that your Q1 = 2, Q2 (median) = 7 and Q3 = 9
  • happys pizza
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment