Sunday, February 26, 2012

What to do when parents don't approve of inter racial relationships?

me and my boyfriend have been together for 7 months this christmas and im white he's black. Both my parents don't want me with someone of a different race they said I need to stay with my "own type." They don't know me and my boyfriend have been dating and one day I would really like to tell them and let them get to know him but I am afraid of their reaction to him not being black...so if any of you are in the same situation please comment. ThanksWhat to do when parents don't approve of inter racial relationships?Well, until you're old enough to tell them how you feel and still be able to make your own decisions without relying on them for things, I suggest you simply not tell them. I don't know how old you are but, if you're already out of their house, tell them and explain that its your choice, what makes you happy and you are not closed-minded. If you're still young and living with them, they are still basically in control of your life and will probably forbid you from seeing him.What to do when parents don't approve of inter racial relationships?If the two of you love each other, pay no heed to what your parents think. Their opinions shouldn't have any bearing on your happiness with your bf. Interracial relationships are on the upswing these days %26amp; much of that has to do with increasing acceptance of these types of couples. I wish your parents would get with this day %26amp; age %26amp; drop their ignorant attitudes. If your parents are racist, they're the ones with the problem, not you or your bf. I don't know how old you two are, but clearly you're old enough to make your own decisions on who to spend your life with. Stress how much you love each other. Listen to their misgivings about his being black, but counter them with info to the contrary. Be firm %26amp; don't let them derail you from being happy. :-) %26lt;3

No comments:

Post a Comment