Thursday, February 23, 2012

How do you survive an inter-party relationship ?

I'm a hardcore conservative and have just started dating a really nice lady the only thing is she's a hardcore Liberal, but I also have to praise her she actually admitted that she voted for Obama but is now having regrets. So would it be best to just not bring up politics ? Would like to hear from others in this situationHow do you survive an inter-party relationship ?Political issues are principles you base your very life on, and they DO cross over to your Godly values as well as your faith (religion.)



I have to disagree with most answerers so far: unless either of you changes your values which is difficult to do, a meaningful and stable relationship is out of the question.How do you survive an inter-party relationship ?
I would suggest spending a lot more time f******, and a lot less time talking about politics. Intercourse trumps discourse every time.



Ask James Carville...how long has he been happily married now? He's about as left as they come, she is about as right as they come.How do you survive an inter-party relationship ?Ouch. My friend is a liberal. I'm republican. We argue a lot. Hes Pro-Choice, I'm Pro-life. We still manage to have a friendship, I don't my political views effect my personal life. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I'm sure you'd have some things in common. Start there and make it work if it's worthwhile.How do you survive an inter-party relationship ?Just remember, neither of you are dating the other for your political beliefs.How do you survive an inter-party relationship ?
Maybe you should both go hardcore independent.
If she is a Real Liberal --- DON'T TRUST HER.How do you survive an inter-party relationship ?
I'll only give you six months!!
I'm a liberal atheist engaged to a conservative Christian. I am proud of her for seeing the Palin problem for what it was and voting for Obama.



We talk about politics all the time. Neither of us gets angry about it because neither of us is dumb enough to put any real gravity on it. I find the discussions to be interesting as I like hearing opposing view points.
I think we're all a little bit more liberal or a little bit more conservative than we prefer to admit when arguing the merits of our perspective extreme, but this will come out as the relationship progresses. Yield where your principles permit and expect her to do the same in regard to her own as therein could be the basis of a continued relationship. She, like the great majority of us, live conservatively. It's just that many liberals have difficulty in processing the transition from personal life to political reality.
Follow your heart.my friend. who knows, you might be able to show her the light. good luck.
You should respect individual opinion and interest.In love and companionship there is no place for politics.It is mutual respect and understanding.Let dirty politics remain outside.Don't allow to spoil the relation.
That's right it's a trap so never mention BO and I don't mean his flea bag as that mutt ran away the second day those fools tied him out back to an old tire// if she's a hardcore liberal like you say you will never convince her to see the real Obama and remember this old but wise saying "Never try to trap ignorance as you will find ignorance trapping you every time"// Man there is supposed to be a little good in everybody so good luck trying to find it in her just stay away from politics until we vote that fool and his nutjob buddies out of office//
My 21 year old son refused to date a girl because she is "very liberal". He is ultra conservative. I wish he would open his mind if he truly likes her and finds her attractive.

My mom and dad were from opposing parties. Politics were just not discussed in our home and we had plenty to talk about otherwise. I admired that they could get along just fine and agree to disagree. I wish more people would take that with them as they go about their daily lives.

Mom and dad loved each other and they loved us kids. I find it interesting that my sister and I are both registered Independents and wonder if our neutral upbringing has something to do with that?

We both lean conservative on many subjects but we are against being part of any party.
My partner is ultra conservative and I am Independent. I refuse to enroll just to be part of the masses and pigeon holed because that is how it has always been done. (Even though I lean to the right, on some issues I tip to the left.) We have some pretty heated exchanges over current events and I believe it is good for us. We educate one another where the other is ill informed and try to make the other see our point of view. It has worked twelve years for us, and it adds quite a bit of ...ummm... spice to our relationship. I wouldn't want to be with some one who agrees with me all the time.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
I am also a hardcore conservative. I find out on the first date their political opinion. If they are a conservative, they get a second date. If they are a liberal I have to kick them to the curb. It's just too frustrating listening to their opinion and I think they must be stupid with a capital S.
Get rid of her.



You will be divorced within two years.
I suppose it could make for some hot, angry, um, action. I dated a hardcore republican and have to admit that she looked great in an American flag bikini with a semi-automatic weapon in her hand. Have to admit though, that I was OK with her politics, but she actually like Dubya... even looked up to him. It was just too much for my educated brain to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment